file:///Users/margaretelliott/Downloads/pinterest-13c6f.html M.Elliott: JUBILEE!

30 October 2013

JUBILEE!

I took a "field-trip" the other day,
although I didn't get to ride on a school bus
nor sit next to my best friend, 
but I did have a fUn day by breaking my routine!
"Jubilee!  is a new special exhibit (at Fisk University) featuring 
the most comprehensive presen-tation of art works made by 
and about African Americans ever organized from the univer-sity's
highly acclaimed permanent collection."
I am a huge fan of  Romare Bearden, so any opportunity to see some of his work and I am there! The collection also includes masterpieces by Aaron Douglas, William H Johnson, Jacob Lawrence, and Henry O. Tanner, among others.  
I recommend seeing the exhibition for yourself!
-M.ELLIOTT


(interior, Carl Van Vechten Gallery at Fisk University)

(artist, Romare Bearden)

(love this folk art painting on board!)

(the colors are even more vivid in person!)



No comments:

Post a Comment